A Book for Petrona: The Widow by Fiona Barton




Petrona Remembered is a website run by my friends Margot Kinberg (of Confessions of a Mystery Novelist) and Bill Selnes (Mysteries and More) in memory of the sadly-missed Maxine Clarke, who was Petrona.

Those of us who remember and miss her like to post book reviews and discussions that we think she would have enjoyed, in the hope that other readers will find useful book recommendations.


widow cover


So today on the site you can find my review of

The Widow
by
Fiona Barton

-- which has just been published.










I will publish the review on this site this week, but for now would encourage all readers to go over to

PETRONA REMEMBERED



where they can read about the book, but also find out a bit more about Petrona, and the site. And find some recommendations for other great books.

Comments

  1. Thanks very much for your contribution, Moira! Folks, do go visit Petrona Remembered and see Moira's excellent review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was delighted to be able to take part Margot.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for this. Fab plot line and another for my TBR pile, I've not come across Fiona before and wish her much success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a bit different and really promising, so I hope you will feel the same!

      Delete
  3. Moira, I got to know Maxine through her crime fiction blog a few months before she passed away. She was quick to reciprocate by visiting my blog. She was an authority on crime fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sum her up beautifully in those sentences Prashant. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Looks interesting, but I don't need new books - or so I keep telling myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really don't, though I actually think you might like this one: quite tense and quite dark.

      Delete
  5. It's a very kind gesture to recommend this book to Petrona Remembered in memory of Maxine Clarke.

    I never met her but I did read her blog and engage with her community of commenters. Such fantastic conversations covering all kinds of topids, with different opinions.
    She is definitely missed by the crime fiction community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy - I never met her, but am one of the many people whom she welcomed and was kind to. Much missed, as you say.

      Delete

Post a Comment